Friday, July 15, 2011

9 Month Wellness Visit

9 Months 3 Weeks

Today was LL's 9 month wellness visit.  It was a complete success.  We left without tears and very happy.  Why, you ask?  NO SHOTS!  We were both very excited to learn that baby wasn't getting any vaccinations at this visit.  These were her 9 month STATS:

9 Month Wellness Visit:

Weight: 19.4 lbs
Height: 28"
Head: 17 3/4"

They did prick LL's toe to measure her iron levels.  They had to do it twice because the reading was 10 at first, which is low.  After the 2nd measure she was reading 12, which they liked. :) yay!

While we're at it, here a few more important tid-bits on sweet baby:

Diaper Size:3

Clothing Size: 6-9 Months

Table Food: cherries, grapes, peaches, corn, beans, rice, sliced ham.  Basically, whatever is on my plate at dinner, is what she is tasting.

Sleeping:  Down at 7:30. Sleeping 6-7 hours straight.  If she wakes up in the middle of the night, we lay her down and pat and sh-sh her bottom...then leave, sometimes it takes a couple of rounds of that before she gets the picture.  It was hard at first, but she's getting better at it.  Doc said today that she should soon be sleeping longer stretches at night.  This of course will all go downhill when we go out of town, which is this weekend.  So, we'll have to do the whole "fuss it out" thing on Sunday night when we get back.

Teeth:  Her top 2 teeth are coming down right now.

Interests:  Right now LL is obsessed with wheels, and doors.  She will sit and play with the wheels on the stroller (which is completely disgusting) forever.  She rolls it back and forth, back and forth.  She also will sit in front of any door and open and close them...open and close them....until her arm falls off.

Temperament:  My sweet, docile child has suddenly turned into a "throw herself on the ground and arch her back" child when something she likes is taken away or when we leave a place she clearly doesn't want to leave.  She has even gone as far as biting momma on the leg when a certain balloon was taken away from her.  If any one has any suggestions on what to do or handle this new behavior...I'M ALL EARS.  I mean I taught 5 year olds for 8 years and know what is appropriate for that age group....not so much for 9 month olds.
"sometimes I like to throw myself on the ground and arch my back when I'm mad...so, SUE ME"

4 comments:

  1. Haha! As I'm typing this, my little one is playing with the wheels on her stroller, and yes, it grosses me out!

    Glad to hear the appointment went well. She's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY - glad LL's 9 month appointment went well...no shots is a HUGE plus:) We are starting to throw temper tantrums when we don't get our way too - I'm trying to ignore and not give in but its SO hard!!! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just stumbled upon your blog! We have a 9 month old little boy. He LOVES gross stroller wheels too! Your little girl is adorable. I'm excited I found you. Come check us out...
    thehermannfam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there and done that girl! Peebs was having all sorts of tantrums but he is finally getting that I don't respond to them. He might cry out for half a second and when he sees I am ignoring him he stops. Unless he is over tired...

    ReplyDelete

Share some love....or maybe some advice because this first time mom could use it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...