Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sleeping--4 Months 4 Weeks

4 Months 4 Weeks

Ughh. At the end of this week, LL will be 5 months old and I feel like I haven't gotten any closer to a consistent night-night sleeping pattern. The only thing that is consistent is her bedtime routine... boob/bottle, bath, book, bed. She is usually in bed between 6:30 and 7:00pm. She always wakes up about 45 minutes after she goes down, but we get her back to sleep right away. B dream feeds her around 9:00pm....then the inconsistency begins. Some nights she wakes once around 2:00am... then other nights she wakes at 1:00 and then again at 5:00am. And then there are some nights she wakes up every 2 hours. I don't feed her every time she wakes up. I usually just nurse her around 1:00-ish and then again 4-5-ish.  Her wake time is always around 6:40am.

Nap time is pretty consistent.  She takes 4 naps a day...each one 45 minutes.  Her wake time in the am is about an hour and about 2 hours in the afternoon. I usually don't let her go more that 2 hours of awake time.  You can read all about the sleep schedule I put LL on here...

Is this normal for a 5 month old? Do your babies have this inconsistent night-night sleeping pattern?  Do older babies fall into a more regular night sleeping schedule?  Please say yes.

Despite all of this happening, I've moved her back to her room. And this is where she'll stay. I finally feel comfortable having her sleep there. Before, when I thought of her sleeping in there by herself I would have a mini panic-attack. Now, it's all good.

1 comment:

  1. We have the same problem! I have no idea what it is but my doctor told me that he has 2 kids, raised the same way and that one was sleeping through the night after a few weeks, where as the other was still waking up when he was 6 months old! He said every kid is different and I believe that. I tried to do sleep training with PB and that little joker didnt blink an eye. He woke up just like always no matter what even though I didnt go in there for 2 weeks.. ( at night) so I just gave up on that and all CIO stuff and we wing it. I definately think he sleeps better at night when he has napped well during the day. Napping for a total of 4.5 hours a day = he sleeps like a champ!

    ReplyDelete

Share some love....or maybe some advice because this first time mom could use it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...