Friday, April 1, 2011

Weekly Wrap-Up: 6 Months 1 Week

SLEEPING: Were back to crappy sleeping this week.  Waking up at 11:00pm, 4:00am...blah, blah,blah.  Last night LL woke up at 4am and I heard her let out this big SQUEAL...like she usually does at 7:00ish in the morning when she wakes up.  I was all like "Oh no, she did NOT just do that!"  and Bryan was like "yup."  I went to get her, brought her back to our bedroom, tried to nurse her but she just wanted to play...(lately she is so curious about everything around her she wants to see EVERYTHING)  So I laid her down in the middle of our bed facing away from us and guess what.....after about 10 minutes of playing with her paci....passing it back and forth between her hands....she fell asleep.  I hope it's the prankster in her pulling an April Fool's joke on us.
**I should note that flameless candles are so great in the middle of the night with baby.  They are portable and put off just the right amount of light.  I just carry it with me to the bed and if it's too bright, I just cover it up with the covers.



EATING:  We re-introduced carrots into mealtime yesterday.  Plus, I pulled out the Beaba and used it for the first time.


That thing rocks!  I made Butternut Squash and Apples and she loved it. Not sure I care for the Beaba sillicone multi-portion trays.  One was gifted to us and we need about 3 more, but I'm not crazy about the price.

I also started giving LL 1 veggie at lunch time. So now she's up to 3 meals a day.  I'm getting kind of nervous because she is starting to become uninterested in nursing.  I have to research that to see if that is normal or not.

PLAYING:  SCOOTing and ROLLing  everywhere.  I ordered that cage for her.  IGriza suggested this cool cage.  but we had already ordered the one from Wal-mart

LL is also WAY more curious about her surroundings.  Stops and looks at everything and just stares and stares at it.  SOUNDS...she loves sounds.  She noticed an airplane up in the sky last week.  She looked at the plane, then me...then the plane again, then me.  I was like "yup, crazy how those things can fly, right?


She also can't stop staring at her right hand.  She first discovered her hand when she was about 2 months and  now the fascination is back.  She looks at it, turns it around, looks some more...practices pulling it to her mouth and back againMaybe she's practicing getting ready to eat.



MOMMA'S MENTAL STATE: I'm too tired to talk about my mental state.  Actually, I feel pretty good. I guess my mind and body are getting used to this baby thing and adjusting accordingly.  When I first had LL I didn't think I could handle another newborn/infant again.  But now, I definitely know I can.  I'm not gonna lie, the adjustment to LL was the hardest part for me.  Even though it took us 5 years to have her, and wanting her so badly, it was kind of like someone threw a bucket of cold water in my face and said..."Here's your baby".  BUT, now after my hormones have calmed down, and I'm getting used to this routine of ours, I wouldn't change a thing.  She has been the BEST addition to our lives and it just keeps getting better!

1 comment:

  1. I would love to see any Beabe combos you make! I really want that Beaba cookbook! Also the Green Sprouts storage cubes from Buy Buy Baby are the BEST for food storage. BPA free , dont stain, stackable and can freeze or go in fridge. Marvelous!

    ReplyDelete

Share some love....or maybe some advice because this first time mom could use it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...