Saturday, May 14, 2011

LL is Officially Weaned

Last week was the end of breastfeeding for me.  After my left boobie decided not to produce any more milk and LL completely uninterested in nursing, I decided to hang it up.  I thought I would be more emotional about it but LL and I were both OK with it.  I knew it was the right time for both of us.

This is where I sat for 7 months while I pumped....just me, my pump and the computer.  I have to say I won't miss pumping.


Good bye for now.  Here it is sitting on the shelf in the closet.  See ya next time around!


I thought weaning would also be more painful.  But, since my left boobah dried up it was only my right one to deal with.  When I felt it getting full, I would pump just a little.  I only had to pump one time.  It's still a little larger than the left but it's not producing any milk, it has stayed the same for about 3 days.  I guess I should read up on what happens.

3 comments:

  1. WOw! That sounds like the best case scenario for weaning. I'm dreading it, but I still have 4 months to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this post. I know our weeks or even maybe days are limited and I was wondering how bad it would be when I stopped - sounds like you did very well with it!!! Congrats on your new found freedom away from the pump;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we are living parallel lives right now! Peebs is nursing less so maybe we can also wean! I only nursed him once yesterday and my boobs never got uncomfortable so I think my body is getting the message he is sending.

    ReplyDelete

Share some love....or maybe some advice because this first time mom could use it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...